Children, Adolescents and Families
Anna Louise & Associates specialises in treating children, adolescents and families for a range of issues including:
- Counselling for the effects of child abuse on children (physical assault, psychological and emotional abuse; sexual abuse, domestic violence and neglect);
- Counselling for children who are exhibiting sexualised behaviour problems and support for families who are committed to addressing this behaviour;
- Attachment issues;
- Development and implementation of reunification plans;
- Counselling for the effects of single trauma events (e.g.: car accident; death of loved one; burns; dog bites; witnessing homicide; victim of a natural disaster - fire/ floods);
- Counselling and support for parents and carers who are caring for traumatised children;
- General parenting education and support;
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders;
- Behavioural and emotional difficulties;
- Grief and Loss;
- Adjustment issues relating to separation and divorce;
- Self-esteem and Resilience Building;
- Social and Peer Difficulties;
- Social Skills Building;
- School holiday program for adolescents (12 - 15years) focusing on healthy relationships with self and others.
Our practitioners work with a range of children's issues, including children with ongoing involvement in the child protection system who may be experiencing complex trauma as a result of cumulative harm, as well as children who have experienced single trauma events (that are not abuse related). We also work with parents who are seeking support and education regarding optimal parenting practices for their children who are exhibiting emotional and/or behavioural difficulties of unknown origin.
An important part of working with children who have experienced trauma is to work collaboratively with 'therapeutic partners' including Parents, Carers, School Personnel, Paediatricians, General Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Pathologists. At Anna Louise & Associates, we are committed to developing professional working relationships with our 'therapeutic partners'.
Anna Louise & Associates can provide a wide range of professional services to teams and individuals working in schools, early intervention, out-of-home care, child protection and child trauma, in Government and Non-Government organisations.
We specialise in child protection policy development and child protection risk management strategies for all organisations involved in child related services.
We also provide a witness coaching program for professional individuals who have been subpoenaed to give evidence in Courts or Tribunals.
- Professional supervision
- Case consultations
- Complex case reviews
- Case management of complex cases
- Social assessments
- Training and professional development workshops
- Witness coaching - consultation, support and debriefing services for professionals subpoenaed to courts
- Critical incident debriefing for teams or individuals
- Facilitation of organisational strategic planning days for child, family and community service providers
- Child protection policy development and implementation
- Child protection risk management strategies